recommendations to the college President on resource allocation,
operational decision-making, and institution-wide quality assurance and
process improvement. The CC makes recommendations to the College
President on college-wide process and policy implementation matters,
including approval of the Integrated Strategic Plan, the college’s
annual planning goals, college-wide budget priorities, facilities
policies, and other policies that do not involve academic and
professional matters. It is also responsible for assuring the continuous
assessment and improvement of all major college planning and
decision-making process, including accreditation review and reporting.
Student learning and success is central to its function.
1. Overseeing the work of the Budget Committee as it drafts and implements the annual "Operational Budget Plan"
2. Overseeing college-wide planning
3. Overseeing the drafting and revising of the implementation of the college's Facilities Master Plan and Bond Program planning efforts
4. Overseeing college accreditation efforts
5. Assuring the continuous improvement of all college-wide planning and decision-making processes
6. Making recommendations on all additional college-wide issues that do not infringe on academic and professional matters reserved to the Academic Senate or rights and responsibilities outlined in collective bargaining agreements.
All College Council decision-making is driven by the college's Educational and Strategic Master Plan and its core purpose of improving student learning and success. While the College Council may suggest improvements to college planning and budget processes, all changes to such processes must be approved by the Academic Senate and the College President by mutual agreement.
Co-Chairs: 1 Faculty and 1 Administrator Co-Chair
Membership: 9 faculty, 5 administrators, 4 classified, 2 students
|Academic Senate Vice-President
||Building and Construction Trade Rep.|
|Chair of Chairs
||Supervisory Employees Local 721 Rep.|
County School Employees Local 99 Rep.
|AFT Faculty Guild 1521 President
||Vice President of Academic Affairs|
|AFT Faculty Guild 1521 Reps. (2)
||Vice President of Student Services|
|AFT Work Environment Committee Chair
||Vice President of Administration|
|Staff Development Coordinator
||Dean appointed by Teamsters Local 911 Chapter Chair|
|ATD Faculty Coordinator (Resource)
||Administration Representative (1)|
|SLO Coordinator (Resource)
|Faculty Accreditation Co-Chair (Resource)
||ASG Vice President|